Monday 12 October 2009

Good and Bad

Here's a tired and annoyed Nigel playing "Headlock" in Oslo, after a heroic battle with it's one way traffic system and nightmare parking. N.B. I wish you could have seen the strange collection of faces staring at me from behind where Jonno was filming. The Doors were right...people ARE strange when you're a stranger (you can see all the music videos I've uploaded so far here: http://www.youtube.com/user/thefoxes)




Since getting back from my epic travels with Jonno, good things and bad things have happened.

Bad Things.
1. I've still not been able to get a replacement for my much loved Mickey Mouse t-shirt. As you can see, it appears to be sold out. I'm going to write a real, physical letter. Honestly. If you can help me find a replacement (size small) you will be richly rewarded.
2. We lost in the football against Ukraine. It's ok though, we still qualify.
3. I am out of coco-pops.
4. I have spent WAY too much money. Care to have a guess on how much the trip cost Jonno and I....NOT including replacing all my stolen stuff?! Go on....
5. My smashed phone is beyond repair according to Professor Technician Brother with a Beard.

Good things.
1. I've finally organised and put up the full set of photos from the European road trip. Click here to see them! There are some really great photos here! I wish I still had the night ones from Paris. Ho hum.
2. I had a fantastic time playing at "The Haymakers Sunday Joint" for Doug on the Isle of Wight. Met some lovely people, and watched some great music.
3. I've finally managed to put "Get Me" up on my Facebook page, and a new version of "5476 Miles" both on there and my Myspace. Feedback welcome, as long as it's good.
4. Speaking of which, I will be travelling 5476 miles next month. I will need to buy a new suitcase for this (see blog on "Disaster" for more details). The duck will NOT be coming with me, he's hibernating like...er... magic ducks do.
5. There are a LOT of exciting things happening with my music and the band. I can't really talk about any of it yet for various reasons, especially because of how dreadful it'll be if it then doesn't happen! (which is possible...this is the music business, most people are [insert suitably dreadful word here] Read "Kill Your Friends" by John Niven or "Powder" by Kevin Sampson for more details.

Oh, I've still not decided on a new name for this blog. Might just leave it as it is to confuse the stupid.

I'll leave you with a short video of Jonno and I talking about how expensive it is in Copenhagen, and the billions of bikes in the city. My stuff was probably being stolen just as this video was taken. Ha!



Much love,

Nigel. X

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."
Albert Einstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment